New TV Help please

MayanGold

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Looking to replace our LG 37LE5900 with a newer model and move the LG to the bedroom. Space is limited so looking at 39" or 40" max (depending on overall dimensions), other than space our requirements are:
3 (or more) HDMI ports
Full HD
for HD and Blu Ray viewing only, no gaming
watch lots of sports so as little motion blurring as possible
Best picture quality we can get (obviously!)
2D
Although we don't have a need for 3D are the 3D panels better than 2D?
Colour - black (sounds daft I know but everything else is gloss black and I'd like it to match)

Finally budget is £500-£600
Thanks in advance

Can you fit a 42"? If so, Sony 42W653/654 - £500 from John Lewis

Unfortunately, blurring is a fact of life with LCD and you won't get a plasma to fit your budget or size requirements (start at 42")

Thanks Vickster, unfortunately 42" is too big, we don't notice any motion blur on the LG so anything as good as that I guess will be sufficient!

Look for a TV that has some sort of motion processing

Best make a shortlist and then come back for advice. 39-40"s are relatively few in number now, 42" seems to be the new 40" for all manufacturers including Sony & Samsung

I really like the look of the Panasonic txl39e6b, is this a good set? Our local panasonic retailer have it in stock (in black) for £560 including 5 year warranty.

Ask them to let you play with it, take some material on a USB, a games console, some blu rays

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom