New TV Help Needed

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by MrChris, May 4, 2007.

1. MrChris

MrChris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hey

I've been recommended to this forum by a techie friend who was said you guys would be better suited to answer my question than him ...

I need to buy a new TV after my trusted 10 year old set gave a bang and a poof of smoke! Have been looking for an excuse to buy a HD set for a while to play my Xbox 360 on ... but convincing the other half when "there's nothing wrong with the telly" was another matter ... now there is something wrong with it ... so it would seem that I am going to get my own way!

We are on bit of a budget (£700-ish ... though stretchable if it would give a better warranty) and want something between 37-42". I know there are at least two Sammys and an LG that we could get for that price ... but whether they are worth it is another issue ... is £700 a realistic budget for a screen that size?

I'm not looking for anything with whistles and bells ... I have a Virgin/Telewest box so will need a scart connection for that ... and obviously ... a connection for my Xbox 360 ... but otherwise am pretty flexible ...

Other basic criteria is simply ... needs to be wall mountable ... but also freestanding because it won't be wall mounted for a few months till after we've decorated ... an included wall bracket would obviously be a benefit ...

Any retailer linked to Quidco is also a bonus ...

Someone at work pointed me in the direction of the intekx site on the cheap-ness front for the AOC and HANNspree models ... but they aren't the nicest looking sets ... though if someone says they are better than the branded sets for much less money ... then I will happily re-consider ...

Any help very much appreciated

:lease:

C!

2. padlock

padlock
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  3. choddo2006

choddo2006

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +542
    empiredirect have the 42 for 800 but you'll need to pay 50-75 on top for a wallmount.

That really isn't about to happen :D although I think AOC are the company who've been pretty much making most companies LCD panels for years.