• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New TV for computer/movies.

mrcefx

Standard Member
Hello,

I'm out of the loop on tv's these days. Currently the apple of my eye is the smallest available of the latest Quattron line. LC40LE830 is the model number. At the store I'm looking at it's $849 before tax, Canadian dollars.

3d isn't necessary. I just want something that will be good to hook up to computers, movies/tv, and very little gaming. When I say hooked up to a computer that's for playing videos and movies. Won't actually game via that, most likely. Gaming is on the back burner.

My budget is about $900-950 USD before tax.

Others I'm considering that sound good on paper: Samsung LN40D630

The LC40LE830 vs the Samsung. LCD vs Plasma. Primary use will be movies/computer stuff. We want an actual HDTV for company/friends and the times we do watch sporting events or something like that.

Brand doesn't matter. All I care about is a good clean crisp image without a lot of tearing and ghosting. I want it to look beautiful. I don't need features.

Thanks for your time and to anyone who spends time reading/responding.
Cheers.
-cefx

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom