1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New TV Dilema???

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by screemer, Aug 9, 2004.

1. screemer

screemer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Hi there. I am thinking of buying a new tv. I currently have a Sony 28" 50hz widescreen which has served me well but i tend to question its picture on DVD, which i watch a lot. I have tried a few times to get a new set but have been very unimpressed with 100hz technology. Far too many artifacts and pixelation et etc. This brings me to the Panasonic 32txpd30. I have read a lot about it in mags etc and it gets rave reviews. Sounds fantastic. Seen it at great prices too. I then come on here and here about all of its problems and i have to stop and rethink. Is it this bad?? If so, how does it get such good reviews? A lot of these new hi-tech sets seem to have so many problems its as if they dont get tested before they leave the factory. The n i speak to people in tv shops and they says LCD are better and to save up for them. Other people say top end CRT's are better quality than LCD?? Please give me some advice guys its doing my head in LOL.