New TV Delivery and Setup + ATSC 3 Questions

Tomel51

Novice Member
Reaction score
Looking for a new 55" 4K TV to replace current 55" LCD TV. In process of researching and have a few questions.

1. Is there any comprehensive list of TVs that comply with the ATSC 3.0 NextGen standard?
2. TV delivery and setup

Costco has white glove delivery which includes delivery, unboxing, installing the stand, setting on a TV stand and verifying that it's operational. Charge is $19.99. Haul-away of existing TV is not included or available.

Best Buy includes haul away for $29.99, but their only install option costs $149.99 and includes what Costco's includes plus setting up WiFi, two streaming services and programming the remote. These extra services services cost an additional $130 over what Costco charges (which is all I want or need).

Does anybody know a seller that does the Costco type service + haul-away, both at a reasonable price?

Thanks for any leads on an ATSC 3 list or sellers with compatible delivery and install options?

You mayhhave better luck asking these questions on a US forum, try....

Last edited by a moderator:
Check this post:

Very little choice with ATSC 3.0.

Do you really need an install service? New TVs its pretty easy to do it yourself provided you have two people. I recently set up a 65" on my own no problem. These new TVs are a lot lighter than TVs used to be.

Other option would be just to hire a local independent installer.

Thanks for replies.

Sorry, thought I was on a US forum. How do I tell which? I must be overlooking the country indication.

Regarding the install, all I really need is assistance lifting the set into position and physically getting the current set out and in my vehicle. If it wasn't so bulky, I could probably do it myself, but don't want to lose control and let it drop. I could do it when I was younger, but at 75 it's a little -- just a little -- more difficult.

Most people who post here are from Europe, but like to also have users from America too. Just you might get more people who know local info better over at AVSforum.

I think you can buy 3rd party installation services when you order a TV also from Amazon or Walmart etc. Haul away I'm not sure. Its probably something retailers that also sell white goods do, so it may be rare to find from somewhere not best buy.

Thanks for replies.

Sorry, thought I was on a US forum. How do I tell which? I must be overlooking the country indication.

Regarding the install, all I really need is assistance lifting the set into position and physically getting the current set out and in my vehicle. If it wasn't so bulky, I could probably do it myself, but don't want to lose control and let it drop. I could do it when I was younger, but at 75 it's a little -- just a little -- more difficult.
Avsforum (US) AVforums (UK) subtle difference

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom