• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New tv at xmas - Not sure what to look for

GirRobot

Standard Member
At the moment I have a 32" Philips 1080i lcd tv from a few years ago (32PFL5522D i believe). I wanna get a proper full HD tv in the 40"+ size. It's only going to be for HD stuff - Blurays, ps3, xbox360. There are no SD tv channels to worry about. I have a feeling some form of Plasma is what people in general would suggest, although this is the LCD forum, however I have a problem there. The people I live with constantly leave stuff running / dont turn of the tv etc. So I can get up in the morning to find the TV on and the same screen from some game on there overnight.

My budget is going to be anwhere up to 2k euro, but I don't know how much I will be able to stretch.. its gonna depend on xmas bonus
wink.gif
I would imagine the lowest I will be able to spend would be around 750 - so there is a decent sized price range to work with, but I will need suggestions for a couple of price points.

I have been looking at some other philips tv's, from the 8404, 9664 up to the new led backlight ones (9704 i think - havent seen this as its only being released around now I understand). I used to live near a philips store which is where I was checking them out.

Anyone got any advice / pointers for me in what I should be looking at/for?

Thanks,

GiR

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom