1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new TV...at last!

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Mr Cat, Jul 5, 2004.

1. Mr Cat

Mr Cat
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Hi Folks,
    well, at last I've got myself a new TV - the Panasonic TX28PS1 from Comet -

http://www.clearance-comet.co.uk/cg...fnbr=50882311&prmenbr=37087214&aunbr=51228976

as you can see, I paid 265 for it...what a bargain, and its in perfect condition...wasn't sure what to expect there!

I was testing it with a few DVDs that I'd watched previously - Lord of the Rings, Snatch etc...the picture is great, lots of details andf no complaints at all!!
    since I don't watch normal TV in my home cinema room (no ariel in that room...) I can't really comment on that...

the only slight issue I had was when I'd set it all up and clicked the standby (on the remote) - nothing happened!! even tho the led was flickering, nowt al all!! it was only when out of frustration I pressed the standby button quite hard (again, on the remote) that it came on...but with my universal remote I normally have to press that a few times too...but I can live with that!

:clap: :thumbsup:

2. Digiman

Digiman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Yes, I think on Panas its a press and hold required (not neccessarily hard though!)

3. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    That's correct.

Since the worse thing you can do to a TV is to switch it off and straight back on again, Panny (sensibly IMHO) require you to keep the button pressed to make sure you really meant to turn it off!

4. Mr Cat

Mr Cat
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    thats cool then...I had to read your reply twice there Digiman as i wasn't sure what you were on about first of all...!