New TV, any sales with the 2012 models?

Davesbeard

Standard Member
I'm moving flat in Jan and as such am going to be without a TV. My current flatmate has a Samsung LE40C530 which is fantastic, picture is great, handles everything I use it for very well (Gaming, SD and HD TV, DVD's and Occasional Blu-ray) and I was hoping that would be available at a low price since it's a little bit old, doesn't seem to be the case.

I've been looking at the Samsung UE40D5520 and the Panasonic TX-P42G30B which can both be had for £500-£550. How would you compare the two to the LE40C? Internet isn't an issue (PS3 for that) but I am worried about the clouding issues with LED.

More to the point, will the sales in late Jan/Feb be worth waiting for with the new 2012 models coming out? Does there tend to be a decent price cut?

vickster

Distinguished Member
2012 models don't come out until spring, prices on 2011 models have already come down a lot from launch prices. There will be some deals, depends which model you want. The C530 was discontinued months ago - Argos had the 32" for a decent price on eBay recently (it was better by all accounts than the 40")

Both your choices should be better than the entry level C530 - review of the Panasonic on here and of the Samsung on HDTV test (yes clouding the biggest issue) - for your uses the Panasonic will be very good. If you fancy 3D, the 42ST30 is £550 at JL with warranty (the Samsung £528, may fall to £499 in sale ;) )

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom