• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New TV / Amp / Speakers / Stand - where to start?

J

JampoTT

Where do I even begin?

My current setup is:

Hitatcha 42PD7200 42" 720p Plasma TV - about 5 years old now, and in need of replacing.
Onkyo TX-SR606 AV Receiver. Only about 2/3 years old.
Kef KHT surround sound speakers - arranged with a centre rear, and with the centre front replaced with a KHT3001 centre (as per photo)
BK Monolith DF sub
Alphason stand
Sky+ HD
PS3
Latest Generation Apple TV

As you can see from the positioning, everything is currently on the stand in the corner of the room. The 3 surround sound speakers are mounted at 2 corners and 1 in the centre of the rear wall. They are mounted too high, so I may end up moving them if I replace them. (the photo shows one surround and the centre surround)

My issues:

a) I don't like the arrangement of the TV on the stand, and not really enough room for the components, the centre speaker, etc.
b) I've never been happy with the accoustics. Dialogue in films can be hard to hear sometimes, even with a lot of tweaking with the amp. That's one reason I swapped out the centre speaker, and happened before I replaced the Kef sub with the BK Monolith.
c) I want a new, 3D TV, and I want to bring the "wow" back to my home theatre experience.

So, first and foremost, given that I have a 42" TV in that corner, and want to go bigger... how would I mount a TV to the wall in the corner (I don't want a flat 45 degree angle) and, if I went down that route, how would I then position my speakers either side of it?

Looking for some recommendations for something that would work in the corner. There's nothing (stand, speakers, TV, that I am desperate to keep) with the exception of my sub, just because...

Recommendations and how to fit it all together!

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 34

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom