New TV Advice

steeleez

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello All

I am in the market for a new TV as my 55CX is moving into the kitchen and have a budget of £2k, I have been looking at the Sony 65A8 and the LG 65CX which are both available at £2k now but now I’m thinking of going to a bigger set for my budget. We mainly use the TV for sky q, Netflix and prime, I do occasionally game on it with my PS4 but I doubt I will be going for the PS5. The tv will be wall mounted and the viewing distance is 2m, I don’t have a separate sound bar, so either the tv I’ll have a decent sound system built in or I’ll have to purchase a sound bar.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Gary

Samsung q90t good for tv and gaming.

I agree, that or the Sony XH95 or XH9005. It doesn't sound like you will need or get the best out of an OLED.

Would an Oled TV not be best for gaming and movies? I would have thought so. I know the Samsung Q90T is highely rated and no tv is perfect but from rating and reviews i have seen it seems Oled are as close to perfect as you can get.

Would an Oled TV not be best for gaming and movies? I would have thought so. I know the Samsung Q90T is highely rated and no tv is perfect but from rating and reviews i have seen it seems Oled are as close to perfect as you can get.

Yes for movies OLED's are the best option, especially in darker rooms. I wouldn't personally get an OLED if I did a lot of gaming due to the risk of burn in but many do perform very well due to their excellent contrst. I was replying to the OP though who said it's a Kitchen and the usage is general viewing with a bit of gaming, so a top an LCD would be perfect.

Thanks for the replies, sorry I haven't explained properly, my old panny 55CX is going in the kitchen/dining room, the new tv will be for the living room, it is mainly used for general tv and movies, I very rarely use the PS4.

Pricing isn't too great on larger TVs at the moment. Probably the best value is a TV that is best not used with HDR in the Sony XH90.

The XH95 would be a better bet for a good compromise of quality vs size at 75" but its also quite expensive.

You'll have to choose between a good 65" and a mediocre 75" with a limited budget. The cost cuttings come mostly with HDR picture quality. With 2k 75" TVs in particular having poor HDR performance.

Thanks for your reply, I can up my budget for the right tv but I thought £2k was a decent budget lol, am I better off waiting for Black Friday?

Starter TVs to be considered all-rounders for HDR use without breaking the bank are TVs like the Sony XH9505 or Samsung Q85T/Q90T/Q95T.

Models that are upgrades from those will be OLEDs like the 77" LG CX or the 75" Samsung Q900/Q950T.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom