1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new tv advice

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Scouse6, Jun 26, 2005.

1. Scouse6

Scouse6
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking for a replacement for my old TV. A Toshiba 2939DB, its been a great TV and is still going strong, but I would like something a lot more modern. Ive got about £800 - £1000 to spend any advice would be great.

2. giger

giger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Well I would like to recommend Toshiba Picture Frame 3. Available in 2 sizes and 2 models.

36ZP48 - 36" Dolby Digital
    36Zp46 - 36" Nicam
    32ZP48 - 32" DD
    32ZP46 - 32" Nicam

The nicam models area curry's exclusive and are a much favoured TV of these boards. I got the 36" from curry's for £750 all in and it's stunning when setup. Due to the design they fit well in any lounge, I went from 28" W/S to this 36" and it didn't take up that mnuch more physical room due to design

Link to Tosh site

3. Andy+

Andy+

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just like to agree with Giger. I recently bought the 36ZP48 fron empiredirect for £790 (although I think the price has now gone up to £850ish). Still a bargain for such a good TV. This replaced a 28" WS in my room and didn't take up much more width or depth - although it is a bit taller.

4. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +223
    No matter what Tv you decide on , make sure that you get a good demo of it first so you can actually see what its like in person.

5. TV Headache

TV Headache
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Might be good to tell us about your selection crieteria / priorities. I assume that you're looking for the set which offers great picture quality in the most stylish way, but that's just my assumption...