New TV Advice

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by EnderXi, Jan 10, 2012.

1. EnderXi

EnderXi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

Looking for some advice on a new TV, my Family are looking to replace our old standard definition 32" CRT based TV in the front room, its not the hugest room in the world and family don't really want to go beyond 37" screens, they are looking at 32" or 37" options.

We need to have analogue sound output to connect to an Arcam Alpha5 Amp and sound system we have installed and at least 4 HDMI ports, we don't need internet TV or 3D TV as quite frankly we still see them as gimmicks, we want good quality SD scaling and good quality HD and a decent sound without the amplifier all the time.

Currently we are looking at the following models:

Panasonic TX-L37E30B - have heard that this has pretty bad picture quality and suffers from high instance of bleed through
    LG 37LV550 - don't know anything bad about this one so far
    Samsung - UE32D6530 - no analogue sound output

My preference is for the Panasonic because it scores highly on the sound the only thing in reviews is that I have seen the picture described as "Edgy" and lots of people complaining of lighting bleed through on the bottom of the screen.

Any advice is much welcomed!