New TV £1k Budget HELP?

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by mattttam89, Aug 29, 2012.

1. mattttam89

mattttam89
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just purchased my 1st house with my other half, & have always said when I move out I'd buy a decent TV set up. So I've put aside £1K & am hoping to get a decent TV & surround sound system.

I've posted a drawing of the living room and dimensions, I'm thinking I'd be ok with a 47' would you guys agree or recommend some think bigger? I don'y want it to take over the room and look odd but also want to make sure it's big enough for the distance we are from it.

The surround sound system I' after is a 5.1 blue ray player, apart from that I have no brand reference for either of them so fire away with what & why. I should probably add I was at currys and looked at the 2 products below which I thought were both really good.

SONY KDL-46HX753BU Full HD 46" LED 3D TV buy online | Currys

SONY BDV-E290 5.1 3D Blu-ray Home Cinema System buy online | Currys

Room in question

2. mattttam89

mattttam89
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. MIW245

MIW245

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I would 100% go for the Samsung UE46ES6300. Details HERE. At only £800 or so its very cheap for what you get, looks stunning and is very good quality. It also tends to get very good reviews!

Make sure you budget a bit on money for a custom wall bracket etc so you can set it up exactly as you want it.

Enjoy your new home!

4. mattttam89

mattttam89
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OkI'm 99% sure I will be purchasing this TV SONY KDL-46HX753BU Full HD 46" LED 3D TV buy online | Currys

Along with this surround sound set up SONY BDVE490 5.1 3D Blu-ray Home Cinema System buy online | Currys

Has any one got either and have any pro's or con's on either set up? Had the sony and a new samsung model side by side and prefer the colours and picture on the sony, despite not being so bright it seemed more natural. As for the surround sound seems a good match being the same brand and sound quality sounded really good for the money to

5. vickster

vickster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921