New Toshiba's ?

ninehours

Established Member
Reaction score
Just went on the price runner site and there were 2 Toshiba TV's i've not seen before they are 37EL67Z & 37WL67Z both claim to be 1080 and were under a grand. As anyone any information on thes TV's as they are not on the Toshiba web site.

Just went on the price runner site and there were 2 Toshiba TV's i've not seen before they are 37EL67Z & 37WL67Z both claim to be 1080 and were under a grand. As anyone any information on thes TV's as they are not on the Toshiba web site.

Toshiba have a 67 range which as you state are 1080p. I think these are being released in Germany first I do not know when/if they will hit the UK.

They are not the flagship range (which is currently the 68 series) and are in the old style casings and may not have the 100Hz feature. I think the reason for this is the current state of video processing is that 1080p screen are less adept at showing SD signals than their 720p siblings. Of course if they are only showing HD there is no problems.

Thanks rogerft.
Thought they sounded to good to be true. Have ordered a ps3 and want a TV capable of showing it at its best but has its not released until March (will probably be later than that) have a wile to make my mind up as to what TV to get.

My guess is that the German and French Toshiba distributers wanted a 37" 1080 screen, for their markets. Whereas the UK distributer seem happy with a 768 37"..............that's just a theory though.

The French / German distributers may think that their HD markets are more 1080 aware than the UK.

The German Toshiba website, makes great play of the FullHD logo on the 47/42WLT66 ranges, and the 37WL67Z's photos / spec have been listed there for a while.

1080p display / 1080i input according to the German Toshiba website. I have not checked out the French or German forums yet.

However a thread already exists, and I will not further post in this one, as it encourages lazyness with the site search tools :thumbsdow .

Link to German site:-
http://www.toshiba.de/consumer/content/defaultid1_1_id2_-2.aspx

37WL67Z Looks to be non-digitial tuner, but 1920x1080 screen with Pixel Processing III (i.e no M100), and probably poor VGA support.

Previous thread:-
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=426493&highlight=37WL67Z

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom