New Toshiba 210e skipping on new DVD's :(

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Jimbob, Mar 14, 2002.

1. Jimbob

Jimbob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought getting a quality player like the Tosh would clear up these problems but its not to be so.

On brand new discs like Gladiator and Terminator 2 it skips and pauses at random point throughout the film. This is very irritating as its hard to explain the benifits of DVD to the family when every major film we watch gets ruined by pauses in play.

I dont know if this is the player or if every disc has to be cleaned before use but suggestions are welcome. Out of interest can you buy DVD wipes?

If so, where from.

Cheers

Jimbob

2. S H A D O

S H A D O

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,568
    Sounds like its the player, if you can, take it back and get another one.

We´ve got two of these players and both have played up, one started skipping, the picture pixellated and then it locked out. This has now been replaced with another player

The other (original) has hiccuped a couple of times but seems ok now.

They are great players in terms of picture & sound quality (when theyre working ok!!)

cheers

3. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    Hi Jimbob

Like Jase I have two one is multi region the other region 2 only, unlike Jase however I've had no faults with either, as suggested take it back to the shop and get it exchanged, they are excellent little players..
    Goodluck

Si

4. HatterNick

HatterNick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I too have just received a new 210E. I have played Gladiator on it and it was perfect. Also played Moulin rouge and that was perfect too. I have played at least 15 discs on it now, and have had no problems at all. Even my "Manhattan" DVD which my PS2 would not play AT ALL ran perfectly. I have to say that for the £150 I paid for this Tosh I am absolutely delighted. I would still be thrilled with it if I had paid £350. Picture quality is stunning (through RGB scart) and the sound is pretty good too. Yours is obviously faulty, get it exchanged and enjoy!