1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Tosh...HELP...screen defect/loud buzzing

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by twotonemark, Aug 7, 2003.

1. twotonemark

twotonemark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The screen in the top right is somehow distorted. When daylight is shining on it you can see its not a flat smooth picture...but you can't tell by touching it just by looking.

Also the tv makes a loud buzzing noise and when you have the volume at a reasobable level the buzzing noise drives you crazy. I put my head to the back of the tv and its definitely coming from inside the unit.

Any other newbie Toshiba owners out there with similar experience. Does your set buzz?? I read the Sony 'buzzing' thread...any other Tos owners out there suffering the same? Also the plastic frame surround is not flush with screen on the right and left. In the middle both sides it bows outward....surely this isn't right??

Rang EmpireDirect they're sending an engineer out within 48 hours. If its a fault they'll replace it straight away as its within the first month of purchase. But said they'll charge £47.50 if the engineer can't find a fault/if the aerial is not in properly(don't use an aerial as I have sky) or misuse of the remote control.

Any insight or advice will be appreciated.

So disappointed after been told Toshiba where up there in the quality stakes

***NEW INFO***
    Spoken to Toshiba Technical department and informed them of the problem and the guy said that the screen and frame surround problem sound like definite faults but said the buzzing could be caused by my scart leads not pushed in:rolleyes: Still no contact from the engineer. Will update when new info arises.

2. MLAM

MLAM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Hey,

My friends Toshiba set also has that distortion but on the top left of the screen!

he's gonna ring EmpireDirect very soon I think

3. twotonemark

twotonemark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Empire Driect told us if there is a fault they will replace the tv straight away instead of trying to fix it as its within the first month of purchase. I' guess after the first month they don't replace without trying to fix the defect unit first.

Any others out there with problems or advice?

4. MLAM

MLAM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Well my mate phoned them up asking for a refund and they told him that they will collect the set on monday an see if it is faulty but he wants a refund reguardles of wether they find it faulty or not as the buzzing sound is so bad that watching films on it is impossible without going mad.

5. twotonemark

twotonemark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We're gettng a replacement TV next week following the engineers report given to ED.

Hopefully it will not be the same.

6. twotonemark

twotonemark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Replacement tv arrived today and its got the same screen distortion and loud buzzing:thumbsdow

We bought the tv using interest free credit for 9 months.

What are our rights? I'ds like to return the tv and cancel the credit without costing me any money!

Any consumer law gurus out there.

Thanks,
    Mark.:rolleyes: