1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new Tosh DLP

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Chris5, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Chris5

Chris5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    When is this new Okey-Koky 2000 46" Tosh DLP going to be available to dem then? ....I'm getting a bit twitchy now, what with the waiting and the like! :cool:

2. locky79

locky79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    the guy from mboro store on portrack lane told me to give him a call in 10 days which was last tuesday.

he said ring him to find uot more details but he said £2k price tag.... im curious if it will be cheaper online... oh and how the hell do i order from JL? do they have a website where i can check out all these tv's? coz im tempted with their 5 year warrenty.....

on a side note. i got promoted to Senior Sales at Game in m'boro :thumbsup: so im doing 40 hours a week YAY ME! but shame the pay isnt great :(

3. Chris5

Chris5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    no, you ring them up, or go in store, get them to price match against any shop in the country, wait 2 weeks while they scratch their heads, take the letter they post you with the reduced price on back to the store and order it.

still nothing on the Tosh web site, I think it will be longer than week before they are available, more like a month

4. locky79

locky79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    im still waiting for details on the samsung and the toshiba models... grrrr i want to know which is worth the money... i just got promoted so i wanna treat myself :)

0% interest free for a year of course :rotfl:

5. Chris5

Chris5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    I can't help you there, you'll just have to wait like the rest of us

6. Demon

Demon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    The PDF (in German) is here for the Toshiba..

46wm48P

It is essentially the American Market 46HM84 But without HD Tuner.. and SCARTS.. details here

As usual, the specs look OK, HDMI, 1280*720 panels, Anti-Reflective Screen, I just hope that Tosh's picture processing is upto usual high standards..

I would want to see them in the flesh, as DLP RPTV's are still in their infancy..

7. Chris5

Chris5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    How noisey is DLP technology, I assume the wheel makes some noise, and what about a fan for the bulb?

8. Alain75

Alain75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, I'm new to this forum and currently in the process of buying a new TV, which will most probably be a DLP RPTV ... :)

Reading about the Toshiba DLP on the US AVSforums, a real bad news is that the HDMI input is not meant to be used with a PC !!! :confused: (it is stated clearly in the user's manual)

And in fact it appears that it does not work well, that is you cannot get a straight 1:1 pixel mapping from your GC DVI output to the tosh HDMI input ...

More details in this (long ...) thread :

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=438276

As I plan to use a PC as the main DVD/Divx and video processing source, what a bummer ...

And when are all the new DLPs coming to Europe !!! :mad:

9. Demon

Demon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Don't panic just yet..

When I said its essentially a 46HM84... I meant with regards to cabinet and Digital Light Engine specification... the processing algorithms are different (improved??), and the input side is very different.. the Software is also very different, and from what I can gather, they have been messing around with quite a bit of the Firmware, as the engineering sets are awaiting some firmware fixes..

However, I am waiting on the full low-down from a Toshiba engineer at the factory..

NOTE:-
    Without exact details, it seems that according to that German press release, it has a PC D-Sub connection, which would allow an analogue PC connection.. something the HM84 series don't have, which means that perhaps they have tweaked the set for PC viewing.... who knows???

I really want to see one in the flesh, as I have seen the LG and Sagem sets, and their handling of normal source, such as SKY leaves a lot to be desired.. way to much artefacting and noise... I am hoping the Samsung/Toshiba do a better job of poor broadcasts, as well as stunning DVD playback..

10. Demon

Demon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Here is the user manual..

User Manual
    but still none the wiser, other then it has a normal analogue PC connection (D-Sub), and you have adjustment for clock/phase, etc...

Of course, this may be to get around the 1280*720 1:1 overscan issue via HDMI->DVI

11. Alain75

Alain75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Demon, thanks for the link to the manual. At least it does not say that you should not connect a PC to the HDMI input but it says it's for a DVD or "electrical equipment with digital audio and video output" hummm ... ;)

But it does not talk about the HDMI in the "PC connection" section either, lets see ....

By the way, here is a pic of the coming Sagem 45" DLP on HD2+ chip :

http://img15.exs.cx/img15/923/p10n4bis_sagem_axiumSagem.jpg

Published here :
    http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29753581&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=135

I don't like this funny looking foot that much, the speakers are removable, and apparently it will be launched at 3290 euros so probably quite a bit more than the Toshiba (rumors for the Tosh around 2500 euros in france).

I think I will choose between these two (maybe also the Samsung, some other 45 DLP available in Europe ??), depending mainly on picture quality, ability to connect a PC through DVI in a perfect way, and noise level ....

12. Demon

Demon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    wow.. another DLP.... things are going ballistic.. at least we are getting more of a choice...

I can see it being a choice of compromises.. since I am not happy with the current DLP sets, due to the poor processing of 480i material (SKY etc)... something that has put me off plasma... although I have seen a couple of Plasma's that are pretty good, the cost/screen size is a big factor..

I'll see what I can find out about the Tosh.. if not I may be looking at the Sagem as well..

13. Alain75

Alain75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any news about the new Tosh in the UK ?

Is it out ? how does the DVI works ?

14. Alain75

Alain75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Still no news about the new Tosh DLP across the channel ?

In france it is listed on some on line shops but apparently not displayed anywhere.

What about the ability to use the HDMI input with a PC in a perfect 1:1 pixel mapping fashion ?

15. Chris5

Chris5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    I think the optima R50 will be a better bet and will probably be available first

16. Demon

Demon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    They have just finished the first batch at the factory.. they aimed for 700 in the first batch, but due to sorting all the production issues out, they only achieved 400. These apparantly have been released.. no idea on which countries are getting which!!!

I am still waiting on some 'pertinant' questions being answered by engineering, but they are pretty much flat out sorting the DLP line out..

If I hear any more, I'll let you know..

17. plaver

plaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Have you heard any more

:lease:

18. azz

azz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Costco are selling them for around £1500. The picture looks good and the stand and tv are aestheticaly pleasing . I do not know what connections it has

I hope this helps

Azz

19. welsh113

welsh113

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    is there then vat on top of that amount and does it come with a stand????

20. azz

azz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Yes to stand
    inc vat nearer £1600 but no more

Costco in derby fefinitely have 3 inc the display model

Azz