New to this!!!

taffy

Novice Member
Reaction score
Looking to buy either an lcd or plasma screen tv. (maybe even 2). Want a nice compact one for the bedroom, so looking at 26" screens. Are both formats available in this size?
Which is the best to go for? I have read that on plasmas you need to run them in for so long and that they can suffer from screen burn, do you have these problems with lcd?
If anyone could recommend a good version of either, up to about £800 i would appreciate it!!

I would then be considering a big un for the living room, so any recommendations for a 42"??

Thanks in advance.

Have a look at the review section of www.homecinemachoice.com to get a rough idea of some good screens at the size your after.

I have a toshiba 27wl56 and i am very pleased with it. It also is getting some fairly decent pro reviews. Personally i haven't compared it to anthing else.

I dont think you'll find a 26" plasma. LCD's apparently dont have to be run in or suffer from permanent screen burn in.

happy hunting!

It will more then likely be an lcd then!!! Chap in work recommends buying from John Lewis as they will price match and give you a five year warranty. Anyone else recommend them??

Any recommendations for a 26" lcd tv up to about £700 please.Only for bedroom so not to bothered about home cinema quality!!! Will be used with sky and a dvd player!!

taffy said:
Any recommendations for a 26" lcd tv up to about £700 please.Only for bedroom so not to bothered about home cinema quality!!! Will be used with sky and a dvd player!!
Sharp LC26P50E, IMO the best current LCD for non hidef Sky and DVD.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom