New to this. Need guidance

Thagcorp

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!
I am new to this AV systems and stuff. I have an opportunity to start working for a big company in the AV department, but I need to know the basics first. I'm IT major and very computer friendly, but need to be more advanced in AV devices. I just wanna start off by figuring out, how to measure which amplifier is compatible with certain speakers (wattage).

Thanks in advance

Well the one thing you do not look at for compatibility is the wattage except for ensuring the amp has enough power to provide the minimum required (this is often in the 10-30W region and is nothing to do with the max values quoted for either amp or speakers).
What you need to look at is things like the sensitivity of the speakers and size of power supply etc. on the amp. Then the only way to truly tell if they go together is listen to the different combinations. Then that only tells you what your best combination is since we all have different sound preferences so what works for you may not work for another person. There is a general guide that to get the best from a given receiver you can spend up to 2 to 3 times the price of the receiver on the speakers. This is no hard and fast rule but gives an idea on how to balance the cost of a system.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom