New to this need advice....

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by nsl2178, Dec 6, 2002.

1. nsl2178

nsl2178

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok im new to this and i read the av fax page so dont link me there. I might ask some ignorant questions but just bare with me.

Im interested in buying a video projector for my home under $1,000. I dont mind second hand but I have no idea what brands are good and which ones iIshould stay away from. Also how big are most the pictures put out by the projector, 8 feet wide? Last question is how much distance to I need from the screen and the projector or whats recommened? Thanks in advance.

2. nsl2178

nsl2178

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. RichardH

RichardH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    This depends on the projector. Also, the further the projector from the screen, the larger the image (obviously).

I suggest you lurk here for a bit, and you'll soon pick info up - there have been several threads on cheap/secondhand projectors recently. If you find a projector and want to know the image size it will project at a given distance from screen, visit Projector Central's calculator which will give you what you need to know. There is also a lot of other info on there that may help you get some more knowledge!

R

4. nsl2178

nsl2178

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks a lot for the link to the calculator.....what does everybody think of that panasonic pt-l592u?

5. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,389
    Just checked on projector central and although this projector is listed, there is no information on it:(

6. nsl2178

nsl2178

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. nsl2178

nsl2178

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    and the seller said that it can be hung from the ceiling but not inverted. Does it have to be inverted to hang from the ceiling? And how do you have multiple video inputs? I saw this 4 av output, but i would want a 4 av input. thanks

8. nsl2178

nsl2178

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok i got all my questions answered from the seller and I bought it, should be here firday. thanks to everybody who posted links

9. RichardH

RichardH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Quick work! Good luck, and have fun with your new toy!