1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to this Help needed

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by woody007, Nov 14, 2001.

1. woody007

woody007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, this is my first delve into home cinema and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice.

I am looking to buy a home cinema amp. I have a pretty small budget of £350. I was looking at the Marantz SR4200 as it seems to be rated quite highly.

I already have 4 speakers from my existing audio setup (4 mourdant short MS05i's) and was wondering if these would be any good for home cinema. Also need a centre speaker but not sure what sort to go for.

Help appreciated

Andy Wood

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Andy,

The Marantz 4200 OSE amp is What Hifi's amp of the year so should be good.

Your existing four speakers will be OK for front and rears but you should try and buy a centre speaker from the same manufacturer so that they will be voice matched.

Try Richer Sounds as they normally stock Mordaunt Short and are reasonably priced.

Ian

3. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You could also have a look at YAMAHA`S DSP-AX620/RXV-620RDS, iv`e seen prices at £291.96/£319.96. Then look at DENON AVR1602/AVR1802 both have dolby pro-logic II prices seen £261.96/£336.96 DENON and YAMAHA both make good quality amps, there are a lot of good amps out there so be sure to have a good look round first.

;)

prices from unbeatable.co.uk

4. woody007

woody007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ;)

Thanks for the replys. Much appreciated.

Andy