New to the forum please help

njablonski11

Novice Member
Just signed up on this site. Looking to get my first 4k tv. 65 to 70 inch. Looking for some help and guidance.
Lots of topics to look through on this forum but I want to start my own.

I primarily watch sports so I want a tv that will be really good for American Football and basketball.
I also love watching Blu-ray movies as well.

I have looked into a few models but I’m not sure what to look for. I’m looking into Samsung and Sony. I Have about 1k budget.

LCDseeker

Distinguished Member
Just signed up on this site. Looking to get my first 4k tv. 65 to 70 inch. Looking for some help and guidance.
Lots of topics to look through on this forum but I want to start my own.

I primarily watch sports so I want a tv that will be really good for American Football and basketball.
I also love watching Blu-ray movies as well.

I have looked into a few models but I’m not sure what to look for. I’m looking into Samsung and Sony. I Have about 1k budget.

The 1k budget is quite limiting at this size unless you can wait until the 2020 sets to drop in price next spring? For the best motion generally you need to look at Sony.

vickster

Distinguished Member

mikeysthoughts

1k Sterling, Euro, dollars (Of some variety)?
what models have you looked at?
Location of Michigan suggests USD... quite a tight budget if so.

@OP - this is primarily a UK forum; you may find more locally relevant suggestions from a US site. FWIW I would recommend a Sony over Samsung, both for motion processing and overall build and software quality.

Dodgexander

The Sony XH9505 is X950H in the USA, its over budget, but a TV worth waiting for. I'm not sure it will drop as low as 1k for the 65" version though. Maybe 1200.

Models that are in budget and are otherwise worth considering would be: Hisense H9G (H9F 2019 model) and TCL R635 (R625 2019 model).

The Sony has the edge with motion, but Hisense's motion isn't bad either, it does have a known red blur issue though that you may want to research before buying.

Generally not a good idea to consider purchasing right now, with Black Friday and holiday sales round the corner. TV prices will drop.

Vizio Quantum P series (Quantum X) is also an option, but does seem to have its fair share of motion issues.

njablonski11

Novice Member
The Sony XH9505 is X950H in the USA, its over budget, but a TV worth waiting for. I'm not sure it will drop as low as 1k for the 65" version though. Maybe 1200.

Models that are in budget and are otherwise worth considering would be: Hisense H9G (H9F 2019 model) and TCL R635 (R625 2019 model).

The Sony has the edge with motion, but Hisense's motion isn't bad either, it does have a known red blur issue though that you may want to research before buying.

Generally not a good idea to consider purchasing right now, with Black Friday and holiday sales round the corner. TV prices will drop.

Vizio Quantum P series (Quantum X) is also an option, but does seem to have its fair share of motion issues.

Thanks for the message. Do you think the XH9505 will be for sale around black Friday /cyber Monday. Are Sony’s normally for sale around that time ?? I’m willing to pay a bit more then 1k so I’m hoping for some deals.

Dodgexander

njablonski11

Novice Member
The Sony - 65" Class X900H has dropped to 999$ USD right now. Im wondering if the x950H will have a significate drop as well.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom