New to SkyQ - how to combine existing Netflix UHD package?

Barrovian

Prominent Member
Reaction score
A Sky Q and Netflix question... I’ve just had Sky Q installed. I already have a Netflix Ultra HD subscription and I’ve logged into Netflix on the Q box. Sky are suggesting that I link my account to Sky so it all goes on one bill, and to stop Netflix charging me separately. I’m a little confused. If I do this, will I lose access to Netflix on my phone, Apple TV etc and the UHD hdr I currently get? I’ve tried live chat with Sky but it always seems ‘unavailable.’ Can anyone enlighten me as to what I should do? Cheers.

Nope you won't lose access - if you combine them you will still be able to use your Netflix login on any of your other devices as well. I did the same as you.

If you link your Netflix to sky be aware you may lose uhd unless you have the 4k package with sky.

Zero benefit other than one less payment going. The less control sky have the better.

Zero benefit other than one less payment going
Not true.
There is a very good financial benefit.
I have the Sky Q UHD subscription and pay Sky £6 for the top tier Netflix.
On it's own through Netflix this currently costs £11.99

Last edited:
Not true.

Lot better ways to get cheaper Netflix than go through sky.

Name it then.

Not true.
Ok, don’t laugh and point😁, but how do I know I’ve got the UHD subscription? I’m old and easily confused🧐 ... I can download films in UHD and get Disney + uhd on Sky, so is it safe to assume that’s what I have? Also, the only payment option I’ve seen (so far) is £4. Do you get the £6 option as you go through the order process?

As far as I know if you have done Netflix through Sky I think it automatically goes to UHD if available, mind your TV must be 4K as well.

Ok, don’t laugh and point😁, but how do I know I’ve got the UHD subscription? I’m old and easily confused🧐 ... I can download films in UHD and get Disney + uhd on Sky, so is it safe to assume that’s what I have? Also, the only payment option I’ve seen (so far) is £4. Do you get the £6 option as you go through the order process?

Access Netflix via your UHD TV (not through the Sky Q box) and pick a UHD movie or series to watch and that will tell you.
I had resubscribed to Sky last year and saw a thread on here or I may have been sent an email from Sky re their Netflix offer and took them up on it.
I suspect getting Netflix via Sky will always work out cheaper than a standalone Netflix subscription even if the price creeps up over the next few years.

Access Netflix via your UHD TV (not through the Sky Q box) and pick a UHD movie or series to watch and that will tell you.
I had resubscribed to Sky last year and saw a thread on here or I may have been sent an email from Sky re their Netflix offer and took them up on it.
I suspect getting Netflix via Sky will always work out cheaper than a standalone Netflix subscription even if the price creeps up over the next few years.
Sorry. I don’t think I made myself clear. I have a Netflix UHD sub. It was the Sky UHD I’m not sure of.

I can download films in UHD and get Disney + uhd on Sky, so is it safe to assume that’s what I have?

Access Netflix through the Q box, search for a UHD programme and play it and press the “i” or “info” button on your TV's remote and that should tell you the video resolution it's playing at.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom