1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to Sky+

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by sonysideup, Mar 9, 2005.

1. sonysideup

sonysideup
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i'm about to get sky+ installed (early next week) and wanted to ask a couple of questions before the installer comes round. forgive me if this sounds naive....

i currently have a scart lead going from my dvd recorder to the sky digibox for recording purposes.
    can someone pls confirm that the sky+ box will be connected in the same way. and can someone also explain how i copy recordings from sky+ to the dvd recorder. i know it can be done but i don't know how.

also, at the moment, i currently record from sky using line3 and leaving the tv on the right channel.
    although, i can't see myself using this much with sky+ (it's one of the reasons why i'm getting it in) can i ask is it possible to record in the same way if i knew i definitely wanted to keep something.

and finally, i've been told there will be an extra cable from the dish to the box. will the installer still using the existing cable or will it be two completely different leads? when i purchased it over the phone, the sales people just said the installer would make the existing hole bigger to thread another lead through but couldn't tell me anymore.

thank you for your help

2. kennysatman

kennysatman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi your scart will still be used as it is just now in the video scart,after you have recorded a program in the tv guide button 0 is where you will find your recordings highlight the program to be copied and the box tells you what to do basically press the red dot then select there is a banner on screen now telling you to start your VCR(your DVD) then press select and it starts to copy,you cannot watch anything (on sky)except what is being copied so don`t do it before you want to watch something.
    the installer has 2 options regarding the cable leave the original 1 in and run an additional cable but this requires another hole in your wall sky installers do not have a big enough drill bit to fit 2 cables through 1 hole,or run a new twin cable which is a little bit thinner than your present cable.
    the installer should give you a demo before he goes so ask him anything else

3. sonysideup

sonysideup
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    thanks very much - i wanted to check with someone here before the installer came round.