• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New to Sky+ - recording query

J

JennyW

Hello all. I'm new to these forums and wonder if someone could please advise.

Just upgraded to Sky+ and just wanted to query the record function.

The booklet says that if I want to record the program I'm watching, then press the R button once.

However when I press the R button the TV banner comes up (the one that lets you know what program is on), I then need to press the R button again and then it starts recording.

Is this correct? it's just the manual doesnt explain it this way. Just wanted to check that the box is OK.

dwhite

Distinguished Member
No, its fine. You only have to press once if the banner is already showing.

As long as the little R symbol is next to the programme in the banner, then your recording it. Alternatively you could always go to the planner to check.

J

JennyW

No, its fine. You only have to press once if the banner is already showing.

As long as the little R symbol is next to the programme in the banner, then your recording it. Alternatively you could always go to the planner to check.

thanks for your reply. It was only coz my manual said press the button once, just wanted to check :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom