New to Sky Q HDCP error

g8tecrasher

Had it a week now. Fair to say it’s terrible, huge step backwards in so many ways but my main gripe is I get the HDCP issue every time the tv is switched on meaning I have to mess around turning the tv and box off on and for 5 minutes until they sort themselves out. Spoke to sky about and they claim I was the first person ever to report the issue which is obviously tripe. Obviously I’ve tried different HDMI cables and inputs on the tv. The tv is up to date and I have forced an update on the sky box so that’s up to date

I have searched on here but can’t see if anyone has a definite solution to the problem

can anyone help

tom 2000

Distinguished Member
What’s the HDCP issue?

CaptainJames

Had it a week now. Fair to say it’s terrible, huge step backwards in so many ways but my main gripe is I get the HDCP issue every time the tv is switched on meaning I have to mess around turning the tv and box off on and for 5 minutes until they sort themselves out. Spoke to sky about and they claim I was the first person ever to report the issue which is obviously tripe. Obviously I’ve tried different HDMI cables and inputs on the tv. The tv is up to date and I have forced an update on the sky box so that’s up to date

I have searched on here but can’t see if anyone has a definite solution to the problem

can anyone help

Wouldn't disagree with you overall about Sky Q, however never had any HDCP issues with it, and not heard about it from anyone else.

simon194

I'll take a punt on it being a Samsung TV.

There's been HDCP issue, amongst others, with Samsung TV's going back as far as when Sky+HD was launched in 2006(?). It's the main reason I stopped buying Samsung TVs.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED EVO Review (OLED65G1)
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom