New To Sky+ Pin Problem.

Sandy13

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi, Having just installed Sky+ and recorded my first film, I couldn't watch it without entering my pin, I entered the last four numbers on my card, no joy there, so I entered the other four numbers I would normally use, still nothing.
Is there a cheat to use, to save hanging on the end of a phone to Sky for 15 minutes or so?? Any advice out there, Cheers, Sandy.

I was under the impression it was the last four numbers of your viewing card so, failing that, I would try 1234, 0000, 9999 etc which are the usual 'engineer' codes - that may unlock it. Hanging on to Sky is a problem, it may be quicker to wait until after the watershead this evening :D

Did you upgrade from ordinary Sky ? You might need your original Sky card number, if that's the case. Otherwise you'll need to get Sky to reset it, which involves a phone call.

Abbeygoo said:
I was under the impression it was the last four numbers of your viewing card so, failing that, I would try 1234, 0000, 9999 etc which are the usual 'engineer' codes - that may unlock it. Hanging on to Sky is a problem, it may be quicker to wait until after the watershead this evening :D
The last 4 digits refer to the numbers on the original pre-house style viewing card. If you no longer have this give Sky a call and they will tell you what your pin is.

be nice if they incorporated a pin retrieval on the website....no reason they couldnt, would be simple.....

oh wait, its Sky....lol..nm...

heh

Hi all,

Thanks for your suggestions. I changed my original box for a new Sky+ box, I am using the original card, so I assumed the last four numbers would be the pin, but they are not. I have tried various numbers as mentioned, and they don't work either. The time of day is immaterial, ie. after the watershed, I can't get in at all.
If there are no other options, I'm afraid I'll have to hang on to that phone again!!
Cheers, Sandy.

Sandy13 said:
Hi all,

Thanks for your suggestions. I changed my original box for a new Sky+ box, I am using the original card, so I assumed the last four numbers would be the pin, but they are not. I have tried various numbers as mentioned, and they don't work either. The time of day is immaterial, ie. after the watershed, I can't get in at all.
If there are no other options, I'm afraid I'll have to hang on to that phone again!!
Cheers, Sandy.
The vewing card number that contained the pin was the one prior to the yellow house style cards. What viewing card have you got?

It's the blue one with skydigital written across the middle, not the yellow house type. This is the old card.
The one being used now is the new type. I have tried both sets of numbers.

I am going up the attic to find my original contract from 199?, the number must be on there somewhere, better that, than hanging on the phone listening to all the advertising drabble they emit!:boring:

Just like to say guys, I found the original contract and the number was different to the one on the old card I had, don't know how that was, but hey, as long as it works, that's all that matters.

Thanks for the suggestions, it made me crawl all over spiders and whatever else lingers up there, but well worth it. Cheers, Sandy.:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom