New to sky....help.

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by BISHI, May 3, 2007.

1. BISHI

BISHI

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,190
    I recently found out that my new house is in an area where freeview cannot be recieved, I have been told that my only option is freesky which has cost me £150 . The card arrived yesterday 2 weeks late and I followed the instructions and got it working fine............ but no channel 4 or 5. A quick search on the net and I found how to manually tune these channels..........excellent thought I, but wait. There are less than 10 channels that I will ever use and these are spread throughout skys channel listings, I worked out how to use the 'favourites ' blue button but cannot scroll up and down this sub menu with the cursor keys on the remote...... worse still I can't add channel 4 or 5 to the favourites list from the extra channels list and thus have to navigate a number of pages to simply turn from BBC to Channel 4. Now I can find no instructions on how to rectify this in the paltry user information provided by SKY. Can any of you gentlemen,( or ladies), help me sort this out. All I want is all the terrestrial channels and their related extra ones on a single list that I can access all at the same time.
    If this is not possible, as the case appears to be, I am incredulous at the shockingly poor user interface designed by SKY. On satellite, channels can be moved up or down into any order of preference - an obvious user option surely.
    Sorry for the rant, please advise !!!

2. Archie Fax

Archie Fax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    The card will receive 4 and 5 in a few days- give them a call if it doesn't. The epg thing- live with it. Or get a fta sat box or try freeview.

3. Platelet

Platelet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Okay, there's two uses for the favorites button.

1. when you are viewing a channel and press the blue button, it will cycle through what's on each fav. channel - each press of the blue button displays the now and next info for each fav. channel in turn.

2. when you are viewing the epg - (press tv guide, then the blue button) this should then give you the epg on just your favourites, and here the up down arrows should scroll through the channels as you want (left right will scroll through the time)

4. BISHI

BISHI

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,190
    Cheers chaps, I still think the interace is unneccessarily un user friendly but as I can't get freeview I'm stuck with it