new to psp - internet access?

SNICK

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

Just picked up a shiny new psp (from argos) and wondered how I can connect to the internet? I have a wireless router at home and have v1,52

You can browse the internet by updating your firmware to 2.0, but this stops you playing homebrew. Or you can use the wipeout browser.

gatty-jr-jr said:
You can browse the internet by updating your firmware to 2.0, but this stops you playing homebrew. .

What is Homebrew??? :eek:

OK -

Where can I get hold of a pukka version of V2????

check that you haven't already got it. my psp cae this week with v2 already installed. if not get it from sony's psp download site

If you have a wireless router than you can go to Network Update on your PSP and it will talk you through connecting to your router, which will then allow you to download the latest version of the PSP firmware that is available for your PSP.

One thing to note though, if you have your wireless router encrypted via WEP or WPA, you will need to run it unsecured for the time you are downloading and upgrading as V1.52 was a bugger to get working with encrypted networks(for me anyway)

I have a Jap PSP which is now running V2.50 and it was much easier to setup with my WPA-PSK encrypted network.

If you are unsure about how to setup your PSP to work with your network, either check out other posts here or read your manual, but you should not need to do either, as Sony really have made it easy to setup.

You should have v2 firmware on the demo UMD which comes with the PSP value pack if you wanna upgrade

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom