• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New to PS3....Need some ideas

goldenone

Hi guys,

I've had my PS3 now for just over a week and like the look of some of the games on the store.

Being a big XBLA fan it is this that has caught my eye however the lack of trials has left me undecided on a few games.

Could anyone please give me some ideas about which are worth the download?

:lease:

oska

Battlefied 1943 and Wipeout HD. Zen Pinball if you like pinball. Crash Commando is ok. One not to overlook is Warhawk, it's fairly old now but is still very active online. It's probably the game that has taken up most of my time until BF1943 came along.

Crocogator

Standard Member
Super Stardust HD is ace, if you like shoot em ups.

If you are new to the PS3 and like FPS - pick up 2nd hand copies of Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 - both are fantastic (in very different ways). The online element for both is v good indeed.

Mullet94

I recently picked up Savage Moon from the PSN and it's pretty good, it's a tower defense type game. I also like a couple of the puzzle games as well, Cuboid and Lumines spring to mind.

goldenone

Cheers guys,

So far i have Flower and High Velocity Bowling. Possibly looking at Lumines, Shatter, Zen Pinball & Super Stardust HD.

Any others i should be looking out for or opinions on those will be appreciated :cool:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom