New To Projection

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by slim UK, Aug 26, 2004.

1. slim UK

slim UK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know this has probably been brought up many a time, but if I dont ask.....

I hope to be upgrading from a Sony rear projection TV (42") to a front projector unit.

The new "cimema room" ,is at the moment a blank canvas (ie, no plaster, no ceiling) so now is the time to get all the wiring in place. After seeing some of the pictures of set-ups on this forum it has given me loads of ideas (to the point of head wrecking).

My idea is to fit a electric screen hidden within ceiling but when down will be away from any wall and swinging in free air....will this cause a problem? and what screen is recommended?

The projector (unknown as yet, open to ideas upto £1200ish) will be ceiling mounted about 12-14ft away from the screen...and problems here?

I want to be able to hook up the DVD, Cablebox, Game consoles etc (I've seen people connecting up a PC to run DVDs etc what are the pros & cons to this, as I dont really want a PC in the living room)

Is the setting up of projectors hard to grasp?

With regards to the wiring I should not have a problem being an electrician :rolleyes: but new to home cinema

Speakers are Mission FS2 me thinks including mission sub + another sub (which I cant remember)

Thanks in advanced.....

Ian