1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to Prog Scan - Best Feed for HS10

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Turl, Jan 21, 2003.

1. Turl

Turl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll apologise in advance as this must have been asked so many times.

I want to create the best possible source to feed my HS10 and from what I understand this has to be PAL progressive scan. I'm preparing to take the leap into HTPC but before I do can someone tell me if the HTPC route is going to be considerably better than a progressive scan DVD player?.

Is it to be Radeon 9700 Pro or Denon 2800MkII?

If it's the DVD route whats the best sub £1,000 player?. I've looked at the Toshiba SD900, Denon 2800MkII, Arcam DV88+ and Phillips 963A (much cheaper I know).

Aside from the forum, are there any websites you can direct me to in order to improve my understanding of progressive scan video, etc.

Cheers,

Turl :)

2. Iassh

Iassh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

You can take a look to .... www.hometheaterhifi.com

Also, I have a Primare v25 (PAL & NTSC prog. scan) and the pictures, using a Sony HS1, are great.

Bye.

3. Turl

Turl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Iassh,

Many thanks for the link. Anyone pondering over the HTPC / Standalone player route should visit this site........the results from the sites progressive scan shootout are very surprising indeed.

Cheers,

Turl