New to portable DVD gaming question

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by npendlet, Nov 16, 2004.

1. npendlet

npendlet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Greetings

I am new to the world of dvd players. I note that some advertisers suggest that their portable DVD player is able to play games. They also supply a gamepad. I wonder how this can work? Are all dvd players able to play these games and if so were do you get the disks. The reason I ask is that the sellers do not pass on much information about this function.

Best

Npendlet

2. SoupKing

SoupKing
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi mate not ALL indeed very few do play games.
    I had a Shinco DVD player (not portable) with a built-in megadrive, the games loaded via a vcd disc and played exactly like an old MegaDrive (Sega Genesis).

Your almost certainly looking at the portable DVD unit available with the 8 bit NES emulator inside, it does work on the same principal of loading the game via vcd to an internal board.

Be aware though that the 8 bit means it is a very old NES (early Nintendo) emulator NOT a 16 bit SNES. Be ready for old blocky graphics and very simple games, nothing wrong with that for some good old retro gaming (the orig Mario games etc). My advice would be don't buy it for the games only but if your sold on a unit anyway and like retro gaming it is a nice extra touch.

3. npendlet

npendlet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear Soupking

Many thanks for the information. I tried long and hard to find out what you could tell me.

Best

npendlet :smashin: