1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to plasma (soon)

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by DAS, Feb 7, 2005.

1. DAS

DAS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is my first post, so please be gentle with me!

In a few weeks time, I expect to be buying my first Plasma. After doing my research, I have settled on the Panasonic Viera TH37PE30. This seems to offer everything I want, including excellent reviews.

My concern is lip synch problems. I know I shouldn't look for issues that are not there, but having emailed the support people at Panasonic, I have not been reassured. Having expected them to say there were no issues, they did admit that plasma screens could be subject to delay. I applaud their honesty, but it wasn't what I wanted to hear.

I have a Telewest cable box and a low-end surround sound system (Acoustic Solutions DS1233), should I be worried? Most of the issues I've seen here seem to relate to Sky/Sky+. Does anyone use Telewest (or these speakers for that matter)?

I will buy better quality Scart leads. Is there anything else I should do?

My flat is small, so my 37-inch Plasma will be as near as 7-8 feet away. Is that too close?

AV-Sales seems to be the cheapest. Is that people's experience?

Sorry to have asked so many questions, but I got carried away.

Many thanks

David

2. geewhizz

geewhizz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    Mate when i was looking for a plasma, I probably did the same as you, Buy the mags, ask about, go to all shops that sell them, watch this forum and read everything on it, and after that i was worse of worrying about all the things i did'nt know anything about other than they were bad.
    I plucked up the courage bought a panny pw7, and when it came smashed i done my nut, gave everybody a mouth full.
    Now i have the shops demo one till mines arrives and am so glad i went for one, cos they're great.
    My advise is don't worry about it and just enjoy it when it comes ( intact, hopefully ). :laugh:

3. The Gooner

The Gooner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Hi and welcome

I have the same tv and have no probs with lipsync. I use a denon 2805 amp which as a delay if needed but as yet havnt found the need to use this. I am using Sky+ though not telwest
    As fpr cables use componenet if your DVD has this option
    7 foot should be ok the panny is good close up
    AV sales not sure, I bought mine from local dealer who although dearer offer good after sales service and set the whole lot up for me free of charge including connecting sky amp DVD and all speakers.

4. hao

hao

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also have this plasma, Sky,E55 budget Panny home theater but no lipsync and it looks fine from 7-8'.

5. DAS

DAS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks for your repsonses. I feel a bit more optimistic!