1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to Lutron

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by taimur, Oct 1, 2003.

1. taimur

taimur
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At the moment, my living room has the following light switch connected to two ceiling lights. I want to change all of this - I'd like some ceiling lights, walls lights and floor lights all controllable by a remote control.

How do I go about this? I know Lutron can do it but I don't know what I'll need and how much it'll cost

thanks for any help... and here's my light switch!

Attached Files:

2. pwafer

pwafer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

What you are trying to achieve is very realistic. Trying to be as un biased as possible (as a manufacturer of lighting controls), you could achieve what your after by doing the following:

[​IMG]

We would solve your problem by installing a RDL250C behind each ceiling light in the floorboard void. These dimmers are wired in-line with the light fittings.

A control panel RCP07W can be fitted in place of the single gang switch, The live feeds in the back box terminated to be continuously on with a terminal strip.

The two dimmers are now being controlled by the RCP07W manually giving 4 scenes and off, this panel can be re-programmed at any time.

All the units communicate using RF (radio frequency) and do not need any data cables to be run. To allow remote control, a RAH07 handset can be used.

[​IMG]

If you need further information, our website is at: RakoControls.Com

Our equipment and along with other manufacturers dimming systems can be purchased from LetsAutomate.Com

Kind regards

Paul

----------------------
    Paul Wafer
    Rako Controls Ltd
    paul@rakocontrols.com
    www.rakocontrols.com