New to Live, what should i do?

A

AsherC

so come christmas day i will have a wireless adapter and a 13 month live sub, and will connect to live for the first time so just a few questions:

-should i register for an american account rather than a uk account ? does this give me any benifits , how do i do it and is it allowed?

-I also have the 1 month gold card from a year ago that i havent usedit, can it still be used and do i need to put it on before the 13 month sub?

thanks

the only difference you will get with a us account is the marketplace is sometimes different but it will take you longer to download games etc
it can be done without any problems
use your 1 month subscription then redeem your 12 months live credit and it will give you the 13 months your entitled too
if you havent already got it make sure you get gears of war

If after connecting your looking for a good online game to try out Live, download the Battlefield 2 demo. It's the Bridge to Far level and is a great jump in and play multiplayer game. :thumbsup:

I just made a silver (free) account as a US user for any downloads we don't get, and then my normal account is as a UK user.

Well, I'm an American that lives in America (duh) what stuff do we have that you don't? And do you get stuff that we don't?

Usually films and extra content (Family Guy theme for one the US get we dont)

so what kind of stuff do u guys get that we don't? would it be in my interest to make a UK account? can i? is it legal?

I dont think Europe gets anything extra that the us doesnt. I have heard that microsoft are cracking down on fake accounts so if you set up an american account but are from the uk they might cancel it losing your live sub which wouldnt be nice

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom