1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to LCD

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Deano70, Oct 13, 2004.

1. Deano70

Deano70
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All, sorry if this has already been answered in this forum, I currently own a Toshiba 32" widescreen tv which i have had for about 4-5 years now, im thinking of going for a Toshiba LCD model probably the 32WL48 when it comes out, my qustions are how long will an LCD tv last?, is there a problem with blur and lag on say football matches? (I really hope not as i watch a lot of football), i take it i can plug my PS2 into it etc, are they ok to watch in normal day light viewing. :lease:

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,027
    how long will an LCD tv last? The only component that's likely to age (any more than in any other electronics) is the backlight. Sharp claim 60,000 hours lifespan for theirs. Others haven't made similar claims, but it seems likely they will be in the same ballpark. You'd have to do some pretty intensive viewing for very prolonged periods for this to become a real-life issue before you get upgrade-itis
    is there a problem with blur and lag It's an "old" LCD problem. Newer LCDs have this issue pretty well licked - but it would do no harm for you to see for yourself.
    i take it i can plug my PS2 into it etc, Yep, obviously depending on which model, how many inputs and how many other sources (eg DVD) you may want to connect
    are they ok to watch in normal day light viewing Yes. In fact most are best watched with some ambient light. Most LCDs have a matt finish which makes reflected light diffuse, which is a good thing of course.

3. Deano70

Deano70
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks for the info :thumbsup: like i said in an earlier forum now got to persuade the girlfriend we have to get one.