New to in ear canal phones - Ear ache normal?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by daws0n, Apr 25, 2007.

1. daws0n

daws0n

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hey guys,
    Have just bought a pair of Shure e3cs, I messed about with them a bit yesterday to see what was the best cap for my ears (I chose the "medium" semi hard plastic) but today was the first time I tried them out properly cycling to work. I made sure the volume was low but after about 15 minutes I got a really sharp pain in my left ear! I thought it would stop as soon as I took them out but it's lasted all day since 6am (fingers crossed, I think it's going away now but it still hurts a little)

Unlucky first go? Being a hifi buff I'd hate anything to happen to my ears and it's really put me off try them again. Has anyone here had a similar experience/advice they can share?
    Cheers guys,
    Dawson

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,671
    I'd agree....I have some Etymotics that I use for plane journeys and the in-ear plugs do take a bit of getting used to,and it may be worth using the smallest fitting possible until you get accustomed to them,although it's a trade-off between comfort,closeness of fit,and exclusion of outside sounds.