New to HTPC's, have simple recommendation questions.

mikcool1080

Novice Member
Reaction score
Good evening members!

I am not well versed in computer intricacies (can run one well enough, but am pretty clueless when it comes to CPU, GPU, ram, processor, etc), and am looking to get back into HTPC's, as I used a spare laptop in the past and miss it. I am wanting to stream videos, acquire videos (previously I did this and transferred them to an external hard drive), and do some light gaming.

Below is a local listing for $300, will it accomplish the tasks that I mentioned an fairly well? Any and all tips would be GREATLY appreciated, as I don't have any experience in this realm of things.

HP Elitedesk 705 G4
Ryzen 5 2400ge 3.2 to 3.8 ghz 4 core 8 thread processor
16 gb ddr4 ram
500 gb ssd, room to add an m.2 ssd
vga and display port outputs
built in wifi
Windows 10 pro

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Hi! As you are from US you are better to ask this question in US based forum which is AVSForum! They have HTPC section completely so you will surely get response and best prices there. Just register and make a new thread. :) Good luck!

Hi! As you are from US you are better to ask this question in US based forum which is AVSForum! They have HTPC section completely so you will surely get response and best prices there. Just register and make a new thread. :) Good luck!

- I wasn't aware that this forum was based outside the US, my apologies. Thank you for that information and I will do so :).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom