New to Home Theatre - Need advice

F3nriz

Hey guys

Been browsing the Home Cinema threads for a week or so, and have been inspired to start looking into getting a home theatre setup going.

I have a Samsung 40" 1080p LCD, PS3 for Blu Ray, and SKY HD, and am looking to get an AMP and some surround speakers. I can't afford too much cash, and have been looking at an ONKYO TX-SR674, no way in hell can I afford to get the 805 or 875 :(.

What do you guys think of this AMP, can get it on ebay for about £120.

Also what would you suggest for a cheap, but not crappy set of surround speakers.

Look forward to getting some feedback.

davepuma

Distinguished Member
The Onkyo 604/674 were very popular when they launched. If you do a search, you will find a lengthy owners thread which should give you some pointers. There are some cracking deals on second hand amps at the minute, with high end amps that were £1000 plus new going for £100 or so.

As for speakers, depends on your budget. I'm not a fan of small lifestyle type speakers and prefer full size speakers but the Jamo A102 HCS5 system has quite a few fans on here. You can get good deals on the Cantons in the speaker powerbuy. Try and get to a dealer to have a listen yourself.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom