New to home cinema - Help please!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by nickhe73, Jun 11, 2009.

1. nickhe73

nickhe73
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking to install a home cinema system in my living rom for a budget price!

I already have a Samsung DVD player that upscales to 1080i so was looking to add a speaker package and AV receiver for as cheap a price as possible.

Does anyone have any recommendations

I notice the Onkyo HTX-22D combines a subwoofer, av receiver and 2 speakers for £250.

Are there any packages that can beat that?

thanks

2. PSM1

PSM1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,434
    The Onkyo is probably the best all-in-one package for the money. However, these kinds of systems are very difficult to upgrade in the future (normally have to buy a whole new system).
    If you want to go the seperates route it will be very tight to beat the £250 price for the Onkyo. However, I notice you do not have a bluray player so HD formats will not be needed. You can pick up new 5.1 amps (older type without HD decoding) for around £200 (under £100 if you do not mind second hand) and you can get 5.1 speaker packages from £100 to £200. Although these will not be the best quality they will sound better than your TV speakers. Since they are all separates you will then be able to upgrade individual parts as and when you want.