• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New to home automation looking to get started

R

rbracewell

Is there any general articles out there that explain what is involved and what is needed for a newbie to get going.

I am not looking to start with anything complicated just want to be able to try the idea out, e.g. What would I need to control a light switch from my PC as I think that would be a good start for me.

I am thinking of going with the HomeSeer software as there is a plugin for this which works with the Sonos audio equipment which I have so that would be handy also

--
Robert

Gooba

Standard Member
Hi, I would suggest you take a look at www.automatedhome.co.uk for lots of interesting articles. Also visit www.letsautomate.co.uk as they have some X10 animations that might be helpful. Homeseer is a great piece of software which is very versatile. Simple systems to look at are X10 and Zwave while lots if the guys at the UKHA yahoo group favour Cbus.

Hope this helps.

John

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom