New To HD, Question about recieving and setup

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by PaulG5372, Dec 27, 2006.

1. PaulG5372

PaulG5372

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello All. I’m pretty new to all the HD Stuff, and I’ve got a few questions you can hopefully help me out with. I just got a new Plasma TV, a Hitachi 42HDS69. Right now I have Dish Network, and I have their normal package, the Top 120. I don’t know if I’m quite ready to buy all the HD stuff and pay that much more through them now, so here’s where my questions come in. I’m located in North Street, MI zip code 48049. The stations I want are about 49-53 Miles away according to antenna web.

The local TV guy said we can get HD through an antenna, the local channels out of Detroit. Now we have an older antenna, in the attic about 25 years old. He gave us The Spartan 3 Channel Master 0068DSB to try out and see if our antenna works. We tried it with the amp he gave us and are getting a few channels in HD, and they look pretty good. Some of the ones I want are coming in and out though. So I did a little research online, with antennaweb.org and found out I need an antenna with the blue color code. I found this antenna: Terk HDTVo (http://www.hdtvantennalabs.com/antennas/Terk-HDTVo.html), and it’s actually less than what he wants me to pay for the amplifier, but he claims these don’t work at all.

Do you think I’m better off to use the old antenna that I have in my attic (Its old and ugly as heck, don’t really want to move it outside, and its big) with this amplifier he gave me, or to get this new antenna? Or do you have any other suggestions for what I should do?

2. mike7

mike7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +618
    You're in the wrong Forum mate. This site is aimed at the UK and Central Europe. Try a USA Forum. Good luck.

3. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +763