New to forum need some home cinema advice please

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Cot4000, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Cot4000

Cot4000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am a newbie to this site but it seems to be full of people who really know what they are talking about, so hear goes :
    i have a LG PZ570T 50" plasma and for xmas, santa brought me a Onkyo 609 av receiver which seems amazing i also got two dali zensor 1's which im using on stands as front speakers , now obviously i know enough to know that doesnt constitute a decent finished surround sound set up , but would really appreciate some educated advice on what to do next i was thinking of getting a dali vokal centre speaker(£199 from rs) next ??? (are they good??) and then two more dali zensor 1's(£159 from rs) for rear speakers as these really do sound brilliant, i am going in the right direction or is there something better i could do, i am on a budget and can only do it one step at a time , any advice would be most welcome
    cheers steve :)

2. Cot4000

Cot4000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Update : actually looking for smaller rear speakers zensor 1's bit too big so looking for some discreet rears cheers

3. technique786

technique786

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hey mate im a newbie too but from what i understand from your position the best thing maybe to get a sub to bring you to 2.1 then a centre giving you 3.1 and finally the rears for the 5.1 setup.

The 609 is the amp i wanted but was well over budget so i think your good there.

Pairing different speakers seems to be an art in it self and if you get speakers that dont compliment each other it will ruin the experience.

Sorry i cant help more but thats all i really know good luck mate.

4. Arcam_boy

Arcam_boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,288
    Hello and welcome to the forum.

You've already got some decent kit to get you started.

Your definitely on the right track mate if your wanting to go 5.1. The dali vokal is the perfect front match for your front two. In a 5.1 system the front three speakers ideally need to be all the same, which yours then will be :)

The rears aren't quite so important in terms of matching the fronts. Really you could go for something that fits within the space you have and budget. I use in-ceiling speakers as rears in my set up, but it depends what will fit. Obviously make sure it's still a decent speaker to keep up with the rest of the system.

You'll also be probably looking for some sort of subwoofer. Maybe have a look at a BK one. It depends on your room size and how much bass you want but an XXLS 300 or 400 would be a superb subwoofer when funds allow.

Hope this helps.
    Mark

5. Cot4000

Cot4000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much for your advice much appreciated :)

6. Cot4000

Cot4000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats what i needed mate cheers think i might go for the dali vokal first then carry on from there cheers for your help :)