New to drones, lost it and now looking for it

tnirwn33

Novice Member
Reaction score
I purchased a drone off an advert on face book, big mistake, they sent me junk. The first time I flew it it took off. I was able to recover it. The third time I flew it, it took off again, would not respond to the controls. We looked for it and where I thought it might be we were able connect wi fi and turn on the camera. Had two bars on my i pad wi fi and a picture from the drone. Can anyone tell me about how close I was to the drone. It is in sage brush, I walked the area but did not see it. Thanks for any and all help!

Let this be a lesson to you and others. DONT buy crap in the first place. You will never get a decent drone for a few pounds unless there toy grade. Not only do you need a good drone but also good software that flys it.
Workout a budget, a price you can afford , then check out 4 or 5 models within your price range, then find a supplier, many offer the same drone at different prices, then watch some review video's before making your final decision on the model.

Let this be a lesson to you and others. DONT buy crap in the first place. You will never get a decent drone for a few pounds unless there toy grade. Not only do you need a good drone but also good software that flys it.
Workout a budget, a price you can afford , then check out 4 or 5 models within your price range, then find a supplier, many offer the same drone at different prices, then watch some review video's before making your final decision on the model.
With respect , you’ve picked up a big bucket of salt and rubbed it in that gaping wound he has 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Oop's ,I didn't mean it to sound harsh , I was mearly underlining what the OP had already posted .........."they sent me junk"...."It is a cheap piece of crap".

Hope he learns from his mistake and research before buying.

Yes , I know you were , but on reading my post back I do felt I put my point across a bit harshly and I dont think he's been back on the forum.....wouldn't like to offend anyone :)

You did not offend me, you just stated the truth, I did not research it enough. I have since done quite a bit of research and it has helped. Thanks. A WORD OF WARNING, DO NOT BUY A DRONE OFF FACEBOOK, THEY ARE NOT HONEST PEOPLE!

Your very right about Farcebook. I agreed to pay someone £44 on there for a Parrot Bebop Controller . I sent the money by Paypal but he never sent the controller . Paypal didn't want to know as I'd authorised the transaction. Because my Paypal account is linked to my Credit card , I got a full refund . Lesson learnt , I will never buy anything from a stranger on there . As it happens I'm not on that site anymore , my account was hacked at the beginning of the first lockdown and I never really wanted to join again . Pity as I was a member of all my drone sites , Flying3D, XK Detect , XaiomiMI, Parrot etc, the help and advice from the members was great but was sadly ruined by a foreign student.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom