New to blu-ray, best films?

jonas000

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Getting a PS3 delivered on thurs or fri and want to know which are the best films out at the moment.

I quite like the look of Tears of the Sun and XmenIII so far....

Will a UK discwork on my US PS3?

Getting a PS3 delivered on thurs or fri and want to know which are the best films out at the moment.

I quite like the look of Tears of the Sun and XmenIII so far....

X3 is very grainy but sound is awesome. If Blu Ray wants to win this war they have to sort this grain out cus there are alot of film with it on Blu Ray.

its called film grain and its supposed to be there:rolleyes:

If the master has film grain so will the BD, unless you want them to filter everything. Its the same with HD-DVD, though i think they perhaps do a small bit of filtering on some titles.

Its the same with HD-DVD, though i think they perhaps do a small bit of filtering on some titles.
Really? I wasn't aware that HD DVD were filtering titles. Do you have a link for this?

Thanks

Kingdom of Heaven is meant to be very good!

its called film grain and its supposed to be there:rolleyes:

If the master has film grain so will the BD, unless you want them to filter everything. Its the same with HD-DVD, though i think they perhaps do a small bit of filtering on some titles.

I don't mind grain but X3 is very grainy.

Really? I wasn't aware that HD DVD were filtering titles. Do you have a link for this?

Thanks

Sorry cant remember the link but it was a post involving Kriss deering (iirc), and one of the guys who was doing a VC1 encode. he mentioned some filtering of grain was possible and had been done on some titles, thou minimal.

I see if i can dig ou the thread but it was a month or so ago.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom