• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New to blackberry.....HELP!

TUBBST4R

Prominent Member
Recently brought a sim free BOLD 9000 after my kids broke my iPhone but at the moment I am unale to set up any email accounts or use the BB app store/application. I only really need to clarify is this because I am still waiting for O2 to activate the BB bolt on. I've had my account for over 9 months (but not long enough to qualify for an upgrade hence the sim free purchase) so I was able to change my tarrif. This I did last night but the rep said it would take approx 48 hours for the new tarrif (inc the BB service) to be ready for use. Once this has taken effect will I need to do anything else or will it be readily apparant that I can now fully use the phone and BB features/services.

P.S. extremely happy with the phone overall and may even struggle turn back to iPhone after initially using the device, I think BB are well ranked against Apple and HTC. If my above query is answered elsewhere within these forums then I apologise with being new to the phone I wouldn't know where to start :lesson:

Jay Z

Established Member
Hi mate,

Welcome to the Blackberry world! I too have loved the BB as I am on the new Bold 9700 which is just superb.

The answer to your question is yes, when your BIS addon is sorted, you will be able to fully utilise the apps and other blackberry services

To be honest The iPhone and Blackberry are completely different handsets that target different markets and people. The only thing that makes the iPhone a hot phone are the apps, but it fails as a communications device. The iPhone 4 is gonna be hot on video and hd stuff but still gonna be rubbish as a communications device.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jay

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom