1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to all this Plasma lark but

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by simmondsan, Aug 20, 2005.

1. simmondsan

simmondsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking to go out today to get one in, I have done a bit of research but when you don't know what your talking it's all a bit confusing! I don't think I want anything super sprecial or anything, I will be using it for Sky+ mainly and then PS2 games and watching DVD's. I live in Brighton and have about 1500 notes to spend on the screen. So any recommendations as to where to buy and what to buy? Oh I am only looking for 32" screen as I wouldn't fit a 42" on the wall that it is going on.
    So can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

2. jdncl

jdncl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Wait a week and see if the alleged panasonic price cuts happen, then try to get a 37 pv500 for ~1500 online :)

3. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +223
    OK,
    before you buy anything get good demos of the models you like the look of. By good demos, I dont mean looking at the RF feed in currys that is going to 15 other TVs :D . Get a few DVDs that you are very familuar with and take them out with you. Get the sales assitants to rig up a dvd player to the models you like and look at the dvds in the screen for more than just 30 seconds. Dont take animation DVDs, they have a habit of looking good on all displays and not really pushing what the panel can do. When they do rig it up make sure it is doen properly. You want the dvd player connected In the best way possible and set up correctly as well for example....
    DVD player set to 16:9 wide mode. connected via componenet or RGB scart :)
    If the sales assitant is not willing to help, then go somewhere else.
    I can not stress the importance enough of seeing what the plasmas picture is like before buying :)
    Dave.

4. Lionheart

Lionheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have u considered the Panasonic 32inch TX32LXD500 LCD TV. I hear its a bit special with HDMI and hi def (check the LCD forum) and should be within your price range. If u want only Plasma of course u r in the right place ( I have the Panasonic 42pv500 and its excellent) but thought an alternative might help u in your search....anyway good luck