1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New THomson 32 and 27 sounds and looks really good

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by pryce3, Aug 14, 2005.

1. pryce3

pryce3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just been looking at the new argos catalogue and they have 2 new thomson lcd's. 32LB125B5 and 27LB125B5 both have HDMI, YPbPr, D-sub, RGB scart and are £1000 and £800 respectively. Plus they look pretty stylish in glossy black.

2. Horace2000

Horace2000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Guys

Just returned my Sonix 26in to Sainsburys after numerous picture problems oh the joys of an unknown brand.

Any how on the way back popped into Argos and they have now reduced both the 27 and 32in LB125B5, both are HD ready using HDCP with a DVI input.

However the models do have some differences, the 27in has a smaller screen resolution of 1280 by 720 instead of the 1366 x 768 found on its bigger brother.

Also I can't find anything about the response times but from reading some comments on the older models the Thompson pictures have not had any major problems only grain issues now and then on certain material. But overall its all good.

So now I was wondering if anyone else has taken the plunge into purchasing one, I was going to get the Samsung but being an extra £150 for the freeview option was slightly turned off.

However this Thomson screen is the same price now as the 26in returned Sonix LCD, but with the advantage of being HD ready and a slightly larger screen. The 27in now only £499.99 and the 32in now £799.99.

Argos have over 20% on selected LCD's at the moment and I just thought it wasn't to bad a price..