1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[NEW] The best-sounding MP3 players CNET - NW-DH5 wins all!

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by recsnmisc, Jun 20, 2005.

1. recsnmisc

recsnmisc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sony NW-HD5 vs. Apple iPod Photo vs. Cowon iAudio X5 vs. Creative Zen Touch vs. iRiver H320 vs. Toshiba Gigabeat F20.

Looks like we the Sony fanboys get one more point. Sony NW-HD5 is definitely the DAP to get right now. Screw the competition, this player rocks.

Link:
    http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6450_7-6247126-1.html

2. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Not settled at all. The HD5 has audibly and measurably worse sound quality than all the players listed bar perhaps the Gigabeat. It has a boosted bass with the EQ disabled. It's called cheating.

3. recsnmisc

recsnmisc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We'll if just its superior sound quality isnt enough to settle it on its own, its size, weight, battery life, atrac3plus format (youll able to fit a couple thousand more files at a similar sound quality, ex. 10000+ atrac3plus 64kbs ~= barely 5000 files @ 128kbs mp3 on other 20GB players) and design will end this contest for sure. Wow factor is definitely there. Ipod is old news. Get one if your looking for a new DAP.
    "It's a Sony!"
    Cheers!

4. johann1979

johann1979
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Somebody earlier on another thread called iPod white trash. How apt. :D :rotfl:

5. floppydonkey

floppydonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Without treading on anymore toes, (like I started a row on another post the other week) :rolleyes:

It must come down to personal opinion. Why doesnt someone start a poll to settle it? But its no good going down the Ipod v Sony route as there will be loads more peolpe with ipods, each have qualities that the other hasn't. What about polling what is more important in a player, (size, weight, memory, UI, batt life, supplied software etc...)

It's obvious the majority will be biased to what they have, that's why they bought it. But I have given both a good play with with identical MP3 files and I think the sony has a fraction of sound quality that pips the pod, but it is a shame sony restricted the full EQ but the mega bass incaments make up for it.

Well thats my tuppence worth, now you can all quote it to death and rip me apart. :hiya: